Saturday, July 23, 2011

July 17-23 Week in Review

The week started out with a family function, my niece's baptism party, where my brother and mother were going to be in attendance. I was unsure of how things would play out but it ended up being ok, a little awkward but ok. The party was small as many people who were invited and said they would be attending did not show. It was nice to be able to cuddle the sweet baby for a bit though.

Monday we had our Freeminds Meet-Up and then Dawson had a karate class.

Tuesday Kyley had volunteer time at the library and Dawson had a karate class. We met up with some friends at McD's after karate for some playtime and then it was time to get Kyley. I finally got the affidavit notarized and dropped it, along with the objectives and medical exemptions off at the admin office of the school district. We spent a bit of time at the library with friends while Kyley was finishing up a poster that she had to make, then headed back home with friends. The weather was pretty hot so the kids were in and out most of the day. I had intended to prepare everything for the curriculum sale but fun with friends took precedence.

Wednesday we picked up a friend's daughter for her 4 year old photo shoot and drove to WV to meet up with another photographer friend of mind to shoot. We ventured to Bear Creek State Park in OH where the weather was insanely hot. I don't think we could have chosen a worse day to shoot. The kids were a little crazy and hot...and miserable as well, so we cut out shooting short, which was a little disappointing but it HAD to be done. We then took all 5 kids to lunch and then headed back home. It was a nice trip, despite the heat, but we won't be doing it again until after the heat breaks. Here are just a few photos from the trip:

Faery in the woods

My Sweet Girl Growing Up

I broke the latch handle on the van (damned plastic) when I was putting the camera back and of course I had a desk that I picked up from a fellow freecycler in the back when this happened. After we got home I took apart the back door and finally managed to get the hatch open and get the desk out. The handle is still broken, but I will fix it soon enough. I managed to get Dawson to karate on time despite messing with the van. 

Thursday was the curriculum sale. OMG it was so HOT. The church was without a/c and it was 94* We ended up cutting out a bit early because I couldn't take it anymore. It was a semi-successful day. We made $50 and I found some curriculum for $22.50 that I will be using this coming year. I still have a lot of stuff left that needs to find a new home...soon I hope. After the sale we went to lunch and then headed to Wal-Mart where the kids picked out some new folders and such. Then another evening of karate.

Friday the heat had gotten to us all so we made the decision to purchase passed to the local pool, which were half off regular pricing...BONUS! As we were getting ready I received a phone call from the fraud department of my bank only to find out that I was once again hacked. This makes the 2nd time in 6 weeks. I picked up passed and dropped the kids at the pool and went to the local bank branch to get things sorted out yet again. I honestly think this is coming from a breach in PayPal security because I updated my information on PayPal Wednesday evening after making a purchase from Etsy and by Friday I had fraudulent activity coming from the UK. I managed to get things sorted out but I am left yet again without a debit card for a week to 10 days. *sigh* I was able to relax at the pool after for a bit with the kids, so that was nice. Later in the evening Kyley and I went to pick up a sewing machine from my cousin and got caught in a severe thunderstorm so we waited it out over a dessert. :) We then ventured to the grocery store and managed to remain dry for the most part. 

Saturday morning we had a long day at karate, then back home while Matt fixed the central air (though it is still not working so tonight we will be spending the  night in the camper yet again) then headed off to drop Kyley off at Pappy's house for a sleepover while we went to the pool for a bit. 

All in all a busy week but we had fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment