Saturday, December 5, 2009

...and they never cease to amaze me...

...sometimes in not so good ways, other times in just utterly amazing tender moments. As all of you should know by now, I don't censor much. I have never been the parent to hide away behind locked doors to discuss life under any circumstance. If anything in life happens, good or bad, my children most liking will know about it if they care to pay attention to what we are talking about. This past week has certainly been a crazy one and just as every week that has past my children have heard me discussing a lot of issues surrounding everything that is going on. Well these children have never ceased to amaze me. Dawson has been really trying to figure out ways to make $50 so that he can trade his DS in for a DSi at Game Stop. He has been devising all sorts of ways that he can make money, and this morning as the snow fell he grew excited at the prospect of being able to shovel some snow for a few dollars to put towards his savings. He knows that as Christmas and his birthday are approaching he will end up with some money from that. So as we were snuggled under a warm blanket on the couch, he turns to look up at me and says....Mum....I just want to let you know that if gram needs something done I will do it for her and if she tries to give me money for Christmas or my birthday I am going to give it back to her because she needs it more than I do. Immediately I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. I cannot believe that this young boy....my young boy....has realized that no matter what you think you need there is always somebody else who needs something more than you do. If only people kept this mentality as they aged. All the doubt about my parenting that I had last night was washed away. I know that I *am* indeed making an impression of these young minds. They are taking in everything that I tell then and show them and using if for a greater good. I couldn't be more proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment